Rita Ora vows to cover up on The Voice after viewers complained about her “boobs falling out”
Rita Ora has vowed to cover up on BBC singing competition “The Voice” after sparking outrage with her bra-less outfit on The One Show earlier this week.
The BBC received over 400 complaints about the Hot Right Now singer’s plunging neckline, while Ofcom confirmed it was assessing 28 complaints and would decide whether to investigate.
The 24-year-old pop star appeared in a white Ermanno Scervino trouser suit with nothing underneath her blazer.
She has now vowed to dress more conservatively as she joins BBC’s primetime line-up.
“I thought to myself, ‘Well, I have to be a bit appropriate if I’m going to be on TV every Saturday’,” she told The Sun.
Her daring outfit on The One Show was deemed too provocative for a pre-watershed time slot and BBC’s Points of View message board was flooded with complaints from viewers.
One post said: “Isn’t it about time the BBC had a dress code?
“I do not want to see her boobs hanging out on a family programme.
“I find it quite disgraceful.”
Another post read: “I am no prude but found it totally inappropriate.”
Following the broadcast, a BBC spokesperson said guests on The One Show are allowed to wear whatever they want, but a post on the programme’s Facebook page has now emerged which apologises for any offence caused by the controversial outfit. It’s also suggested producers may have asked Rita to consider a different look.
The post reads: “We’re sorry to those of you who were offended by Rita Ora’s choice of outfit on yesterday’s show. If we had been consulted on it we would have requested she wore something more suitable for 7pm.”
Posted on January 10, 2015, in Celebrity gossip, Entertainment and tagged BBC singing competition, boobs, bra-less, Ermanno Scervino, producers, Rita Ora, The Voice, TV Show, viewers. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.